Scouts Why You Should Volunteer With The Scouts BSA
Volunteering is a great way to use your skills to give back. Being involved in your local community will help you meet new people and helping others is a great mental health boost as well. The Scouts BSA is always looking for people who can dedicate some of their free time to volunteer at their local council.
Walter Gefrom is an active volunteer committed to strengthening his community. Gefrom proudly supports initiatives that raise awareness of MS and has also volunteered with the Boy Scouts of America. Today he shares all the reasons why you should volunteer with the Scouts BSA.
- If you have specific outdoor skills such as fishing, cooking, orienteering, etc, you can teach those important life skills to the next generation.
- Help young people to be resilient and confident citizens who will grow up and make a difference n the world.
- As a scout volunteer, you can spend lots of time outside going on camping trips. Spending time in nature will help to reduce stress and make you healthier.
- You also get to meet new people and be a part of a community.
- You get to learn new skills, which can really help when applying to jobs. Volunteering itself also looks great on a resume.