9 Ways To Volunteer Your Time
Volunteering is a fantastic and selfless way to give back to your community, both locally and globally. If you have never volunteered before, you might be wondering where to start and what to do. The great news is that there is a volunteer opportunity out there for you, no matter what skills and interests you have.
Walter Gefrom is a civil engineer and active supporter of a wide range of nonprofit organizations and advocacy efforts. As a dedicated volunteer himself, he shares the top 9 ways you can volunteer your time, no matte what role you want to have.
- Serve food at a soup kitchen or food bank
- Volunteer at your church
- Tutor students if you have expertise in a certain subject area, such as math or art
- Mentor youth and be a role model for the next generation
- Donate belongings that you no longer have a use for
- If you have medical experience, volunteer at a hospital
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Build houses
- Pick up trash